macaupost

20 projects suspended after 3 fatal accidents in 3 days

2017-07-17 08:03     Comment:0

The Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL) has ordered the full or partial suspension of 20 construction projects after inspecting 74 construction sites on Saturday, according to a DSAL statement released later that day.

The statement says that the bureau will conduct safety inspections on the city’s 557 construction projects starting from Saturday in response to a string of recent work accidents causing multiple deaths and injuries. Three workers died in separate work accidents in three days last week.

On Wednesday, a welder died when working on a construction site in Taipa. The Judiciary Police (PJ) said there was a burn mark on his chest and assumed that he died in a work accident. The authorities have still to reveal the cause of the worker’s death.


Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL) Director Wong Chi Hong (centre) speaks with construction workers during a safety inspection at a construction site on Saturday.Photo: GCS

PLEASE READ THE FULL ARTICLE IN OUR PRINT EDITION.



BACK HOME
MORE NEWS
COMMENT
Click refresh authentication code
TODAY'S COVER