Macau police arrest mainlander for attempted homicide & illegal weapon possession

2026-08-07 02:43
BY Armindo Neves
Comment:0

Police suspect ‘relationship dispute’ as motive 

The Judiciary Police (PJ) announced in a statement yesterday that they arrested a man from the Chinese mainland on Wednesday for attempted homicide and possession of an illegal weapon.

According to the statement, at 10:02 p.m. on Wednesday, the PJ received notification from the Public Security Police Force (PSP) that a serious assault had occurred outside a hotel in Cotai, and that a woman had been injured and taken to hospital for treatment.

PJ officers immediately rushed to both the scene and the hospital to investigate, initiating standard procedures, including an on-site forensic examination. Preliminary findings indicated that a man had assaulted a female acquaintance over a relationship dispute, inflicting multiple knife wounds of varying severity.

In the statement issued at around 5:00 p.m. yesterday, the PJ said that the injured woman, who is also from the Chinese mainland, had not yet regained consciousness and remained hospitalised.

The investigation uncovered strong evidence that the man is suspected of “attempted homicide” and “possession of an illegal weapon”, and he has been taken into custody. The PJ added that a special press conference would be held at its headquarters in Zape at 2:30 p.m. today.

Meanwhile, a Fire Services Bureau (CB) spokesman confirmed to the Post by phone last night that at around 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, the bureau received a report that a person was injured at a hotel on Avenida Marginal Flor de Lótus (蓮花海濱大馬路).

Firefighters arrived at the scene and attended to a middle-aged woman with cuts to her face, neck, and hands. She was conscious at the time and was rushed to the public Conde de São Januário Hospital Centre (CHCSJ) for treatment.

Another middle-aged man, a Nepalese national holding a non-resident worker (NRW) card and employed as a hotel security guard, was found to have a bruised arm. The spokesman said he was conscious and in a stable condition when taken to Kiang Wu Hospital for treatment.

This was the first attempted homicide in Macau this year, police sources said, pointing out that no fatal cases have been reported so far. Last year, according to police reports, Macau recorded three homicides. 

Downloaded from Facebook last night, these two photos show a black seven-seater cordoned off by police and blood-stained seats inside the vehicle. The Post cannot vouch for their authenticity.


0 COMMENTS

Leave a Reply
ICM